SWEEP Banner

Ethiopia by E-mail

Subject: Good evening from Addis
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:12:11 -0500
From: Pat Rollin parollin9923@hotmail.com

I have been in Addis for 2 days now. We finally went shopping and I made my first meal for Jim. We had salad and bread. Jim had bought the lettuce at the NGO bazaar on Saturday. We went to Bombay Brassiere on Monday night for dinner and I have been to Jim's new office and had lunch at the Tukal near the office. I am still having trouble adjusting to the time change and I have been keeping Jim awake a little bit.

The Trip here was good. Ethiopian Airline now has a boarding dock in Washington Dulles so you walk on to the plane instead of a bus. They start boarding the plane an hour before takeoff and they had staff at the gate when I got there about 4:30. The flight was long but I was able to sleep on the flight. I was in a row of two seats and I was alone so I could spread out. Lulite, one of the Staff people at AAU, was on the flight so we visited and I met her new Daughter, she is two months old and was a really good baby and did not cry all the way to Addis. In the same row as me was another baby girl and her parents were a little upset because she cried a little but not really loud and it was not anything that bothered the other passengers. I watched two movies and did visit with a few other passengers. There was a group of people on an Elderhostel Trip to Ethiopia. They are visiting the Northern Historical Route which we did part of last year.

I will be writing more in the next few weeks. I wanted to write and tell everyone I have arrived safely and it is good to be back with Jim. He is very busy with teaching, working on the admissions for the new MSW class next year, and the budget for next year. Ato Mamo called and Joetta and Jim did an interview with the local radio station for IFESH this afternoon about what they are doing here.

Bye for now. Pat.


For text-based links to pages on this site's navigation menu please use the site map.